1 x 375g Pangkarra Wholegrain Pappardelle
1 tbs olive oil
250g bacon rashers
2 chopped carrots
2 chopped celery sticks
1 brown onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1.8kg-piece beef, cut into 8cm pieces
2 x 800g cans diced tomatoes
375ml (1 1/2 cups) red wine
3 dried bay leaves
2 large sprigs fresh rosemary
Shredded parmesan, to serve.
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Add bacon, carrot, celery, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the beef, tomato, wine, bay leaves and rosemary. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Cook pasta for 8-10 minutes and serve sauce on top of pasta.
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve. Serves 4.