- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons
- 1/3 cup pure cream (runny/pouring cream is best)
- Roughly 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 35g butter
- 40g freshly finely grated parmigiano reggiano
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 x 375g Pangkarra Wholegrain Spaghetti
- Place a pot of salted water on to boil.
- Add the Spaghettoni and cook as per packet instructions.
- Peel the zest from one of the lemons and finely slice to create thin ribbons of zest.
- Now place a large frypan on medium to high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the zest ribbons then fry on medium/high heat until crispy.
- Turn off the heat, remove the zest, and set aside.
- In that same pan (without washing) add the cream and place onto low heat.
- Finely grate the zest of 2 lemons into the cream.
- Add a generous pinch of freshly cracked black pepper and simmer for roughly a minute.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and stir to combine.
- Add the finely grated parmesan and stir to combine.
- Just before the pasta is cooked, add 3/4 cup of the pasta water into the sauce and stir until combined.
- Once the Spaghetti is cooked add it directly into the pan.
- Stir to combine, taste for salt, and add as required. A generous pinch is usually required but this may vary depending on the amount of salt in your pasta water.
- Simmer the Spaghetti in the sauce for roughly a minute.
- Remove from the heat and continue to stir.
- As the sauce cools slightly it will thicken into a rich and glossy sauce.
- Serve topped with the olive oil fried lemon zest and some more freshly cracked black pepper.
Photos and recipe thanks to Company and Cookbooks.