Pangkarra Alfredo Fettuccine with Bacon and Peas
- 1 packet of 375g Pangkarra Wholegrain Fettuccine
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6–8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh peas
- parsley, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and/or a dash of nutmeg for topping.
For the sauce, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5-6 minutes, until fork tender. Drain the water off and transfer cauliflower to a blender. Meanwhile, saute the minced garlic in the butter over very low heat for 3-4 minutes, until fragrant. Add the broth, sautéed garlic, and salt. Puree until very smooth.
Cook the bacon. Crumble and set aside.
Bring another pot of water to boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve the water. Add the sauce, bacon, Parmesan, and peas to the pasta as well as 1/2 cup or more of reserved pasta water. Return to low heat and stir very gently. When everything is heated through, remove from the heat and serve topped with parsley, salt, pepper, and if you like, a dash of nutmeg or extra Parmesan.