Pangkarra Wholegrain Penne con zucchini e pancetta (Jim and Katherine’s wedding dish)
- 1 x 375g Pangkarra Wholegrain Penne
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- 450gr Courgettes (zucchini)(+/- 4 medium ones) trimmed and rinsed
- 4 shallots – peeled and finely chopped
- 90ml double cream
- 125g pancetta
- 2 peperoncini ( tiny dried red chillies) crushed
- A few sprigs of basil, torn
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Shaved parmesan to serve
- Cook penne according to the packet directions, drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Cut courgettes in half lengthways, cut each half in three lengthways and chop horizontally into small pieces, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan, add pancetta and cook till crisp, remove with slotted spoon onto kitchen paper to drain, set aside.
- Then add shallots and sauté for a few minutes, add peperoncini, and cook for a minute. Add courgettes, salt and pepper, reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add cream a few minutes before serving mix well add pancetta and stir through.
- In a large bowl, combine moist cooked pasta and add courgette sauce, the torn basil and half the parmesan and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan.
- Serve immediately.Serves 4.
Click here for print ready copy of recipe.