1x 375g Pangkarra Wholegrain Spirals
1 leek, chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled
Handful cavolo nero, stalks removed
Extra virgin olive oil
Ricotta and chilli oil, optional
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Heat a small frypan on high, add a generous amount of oil, cook leek for 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic cloves whole and cook for a further 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile add cavolo nero to boiling water, cook for 3 minutes, use tongs to remove and put straight into blender. Set aside.
- Add spirals and cook until al dente, approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add leek mix to blender with a generous amount of oil and some pasta water – enough to achieve a sauce-like consistency. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Mix through drained pasta and serve. Serves 3-4.
- Optional (but recommended!): Serve with a large spoonful of ricotta and drizzle of chilli oil.
With thanks to Cle-ann for this delicious recipe!